1) This has been our first week back from Spring Break. It was a fabulous break.. full of sun and softball. My "24" did an incredible job catching in 5 games in 5 days.
2) As I mentioned earlier, we spend most of the week completing our State Assessments for Math. We take three days of tests. I have to take down everything math related off my walls, and clear my classroom door. BORING!
3) Speaking of testing. It was REALLY REALLY REALLY difficult test for my students. Some of the questions I'm sure were embedded field questions, but it was stressful. Our team assistant, who is incredible made us a Margarita Cake for lunch. How ironic when we are currently studying the French Revolution! Let Them Eat Cake! Well, not my students, but ME!
4) Now that we can finally get back to learning, I grabbed a ton of awesome books at the Library Sale at our local library! LOVE IT. I'm trying to decide how to code them for my library. It needs a major overhaul. Should I write in the Lexile Levels, or go with Guided Reading? I'd love to hear your thoughts on what you think is best!
5) Last, I'm so excited for us to start our last novel groups for the year. We will be reading books that are from multiple perspectives. Even though my students will be grouped with similar books, I will be breaking them up in conversation groups as well. I made a set of Reading Response Rectangles for them to use. I can't wait to listen in on the conversations!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!